Terms and Conditions
The website www.hypedc.com is owned and operated by Hype DC Pty Ltd. All products listed on www.hypedc.com are described to the best of our abilities and the specifications reflect the information that has been provided to us. All care is taken to ensure this information is correct, but we cannot eliminate the possibility of human error.
The description of our products and photography is the copyright property of Hype DC, and specifically you may not use that description as the description of the product should you choose to re-sell the items elsewhere. This includes all product information, images and specifications where applicable.
We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colours of our products that appear on the website. However, as the actual colours you see will depend on your monitor, we cannot guarantee that your monitor's display of any colour will accurately reflect the colour of the product on delivery.
All sizes and measurements are approximate, however we do make every effort to ensure they are as accurate as possible. Unless otherwise stated all sizes are in US, with anything unisex running in Mens US sizing.
Goods are subject to availability. As there is a delay between the time when the order is placed and the time when the order is accepted, the stock levels of each shoe may change. If an item you have ordered becomes out of stock before we accept the order we shall notify you as soon as possible and you will not be charged for the out of stock items.
We continually update our online store. Occasionally we may run offers in our retail stores that don't appear online or vice versa.
All orders are prepaid. When ordering, your credit card is charged when you place your order. All orders are in Australian dollars. We accept Visa and Mastercard cards only.
Please note that we do not store your credit card number on our servers.
If the card payment is declined by your issuer for any reason, we cannot hold goods against your order.
Note: We take credit card fraud very seriously (which we know you'll appreciate) so we may contact you to ascertain shipping and credit card details for verification purposes. We reserve the right to ask for scans of photo ID.
The cost of shipping is clearly indicated for each product ordered, and is included in the invoice total. Orders are generally processed and posted in two to three working days. Unfortunately, at some times, processing orders may take longer.
Special request orders which are shipped directly from suppliers or directly from another store will incur an extra Shipping and Handling charge.
Free shipping only applies to orders shipped within Australia. We currently ship to New Zealand, USA, and the UK, freight charges are automatically added at the checkout upon selection of your country.
Any taxes or duty fees incurred to ship abroad are the responsibility of the customer and these costs cannot be reclaimed from Hype DC.
Orders shipped within Australia will be sent via Australia Post. Orders shipped internationally will be sent via TNT. Whilst we use quality carriers, the reality is that errors may occur. In the event of delivery errors, Hype DC will use all its efforts to ensure you receive your goods, receive a replacement or are refunded your purchase price.
If you have requested a "Safe Drop" with Australia Post, Hype DC will not be liable for a replacement or reimbursement if there are any issues with delivery.
Where applicable, the warranty offered for the products sold by Hype DC are the manufacturer's warranty.
Where there is no manufacturer's warranty available, Hype DC offers a warranty for the products, as specified in the product specifications.
Hype DC's warranty is limited to replacement of the item or refund of the purchase price, to be determined by us.
Limitation Of Liabilities
Under no circumstances will Hype DC be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential, or other damages resulting from any product purchased from Hype DC, beyond the value of the item purchased, including, without limitation, any lost profits, business interruption, or loss of programs or information. Hype DC reserves the right to change any specification, design, model and or other information without notice.
Any product being returned for change of mind (whether an in-store or online purchase) must be:
In its original condition
Unworn, unmarked and unwashed
In the original packaging or box
Not defective as a result of misuse
Tags still attached
Apparel can only be exchanged or returned by post. Hype DC stores are not retailing apparel, this is a Online initiative only.
For Hype DC purchases made in-store, you have 14 days from the date on the receipt to return your purchase for an exchange or gift voucher.Hype DC does not refund for change of mind on in-store purchases unless the goods are faulty. (see refunds section below)
In-store purchases cannot be returned to the online store.
For Hype DC purchases made online, you have 30 days from the date on your online invoice to return your purchase either by post or in-store for an exchange, gift voucher or refund.
Any amount paid with an online discount code cannot be refunded onto a credit card. Replacement codes will be generated for orders paid with online discount codes. Any amount paid by credit card will be refunded onto the credit card used for the transaction.Your returned item(s) must be accompanied by the original online invoice and receipt which is shipped with the product.
Please use a suitable satchel or carton to return your item(s) by post, as we cannot process any orders that are damaged in the post.
Apparel can only be exchanged or returned by post. Hype DC stores are not retailing apparel, this is a Online initiative only.
Any Apparel item(s) you believe to be faulty, please email photos and specific details of the fault to email@example.com where it will be assessed.
REFUNDS FOR AFTERPAY PURCHASES
Orders made with the AfterPay payment method must be sent back to our warehouse for a refund.
AfterPay payments cannot be refunded instore.
WHAT DO I DO IF MY PURCHASE IS FAULTY?
Your rights under the Australian Consumer law: Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
Returns due to a faulty product will be accepted by Hype DC within a reasonable time after purchase, after which we will make a full assessment of the product. We will judge all returns of faulty products on a case by case basis.
To obtain compensation for a major failure in our goods (in addition to replacement or refund), you will need to provide documentary evidence of the loss or damage suffered and documentary evidence that such a loss ordamage was a reasonably foreseeable consequence of a failure by Hype DC to comply with a consumer guarantee under the Australian Consumer Law. Such evidence may include photographs, statutory declarations, receipts or reports (i.e from your doctor), depending on the loss or damage.
For an in-store purchase you believe is faulty, this can be assessed in any Hype DC retail store. Please ensure you have your proof of purchase with you. In the majority of instances the assessment process is prompt, however in rare cases it may take up to 10 working days (If we are unable to determine the fault internally the product may need to be sent to supplier for further assessment).
For an online purchase you believe is faulty, please email us with any photos of the faults to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll look into it.
"Hype DC sales are available in store and online, while stocks last or until promotion ends. Hype DC reserves the right to end sale promotions at any time without notice. Sale items will vary between stores. Prices as marked. No further discounts apply. We are not obligated to refund any amount for the purchase of product made before or after markdowns occur.
Prices are as set out on the website and include GST at the current rate but exclusive of delivery charges. We reserve the right to alter prices at any time.
If we discover an error in the price or description of an item you have ordered (it happens!), we may cancel your order at any time up to the point we send the item(s) to you. We will contact you where we become aware of an error and ask you whether you wish to continue with your order at the correct price or cancel it. If we do cancel your order you will receive a full refund of any charges paid in advance.
We continually update our online store. From time to time our retail stores may run special local promotions (which may not be available on our website) or we may offer special promotions online that are not available in the retail stores. For these reasons you may sometimes find that products on our Web site are priced differently to those in our stores. Some website promotions may not be available to customers in particular jurisdictions.
Sale is available on selected items only in store and online for a limited time only, while stocks last. Sale items will vary between stores. Prices as marked. No further discounts apply.
Limited Release Product
Some products are available in very limited quantities. To make it fair for our customers Hype DC P/L strictly allow only one pair per customer. Hype DC P/L reserve the right to cancel orders with multiple pairs of limited product or multiple orders for the same limited product. If Hype DC deems your order activity is suspicious, we reserve the right to cancel and refund your order without notification.
Limited online releases are only available domestically.
Hype DC may revise these terms at any time. Use of this website is subject to the revised terms. These Terms were last revised in February 2017.
Hype DC Customer Survey
Terms and Conditions of Promotion Entry
1. Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these conditions of entry. Entry into the Promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions of entry. Enter by completing Hype DC survey that will be emailed to approximately 75 000 members during the promotional period.
2. Entry is open to existing Hype DC members who receive an email during the promotional period. Entry is open to all Australian permanent residents over the age of eighteen (18) years. Employees and their immediate families of Hype DC and agencies associated with this Promotion are ineligible to enter.
3. The Promotion commences on 3 April, 2017 at 09:00 (AEST) and concludes on 19 April, 2017 at 23:59 (AEST) (“Promotional Period”).
4. On completion of the survey during the Promotional Period by an Eligible Individual will count for one (1) entry into the draw (“Prize Draw”). Only one survey can be completed per HypeDC Member for a chance to win:
• One (1) of twenty (20) $50 Hype DC Gift Vouchers.
5. The Prize Draw will take place at 11:00 (AEST) on 21 April, 2017 (“Draw Date”), via a random electronic draw. The winning entry will be the first ten (10) valid entries randomly drawn on the Draw Date. The Prize winner will be notified by email and/or phone, and the name and details of the Prize winner will be published on HypeDC website.
6. The winners will be contacted after the draw has taken place and will also be notified in writing thereafter. The winner does not need to be present at the draw.
7. The Total Prize valued is A$2,000.
8. If the Prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prize for a Prize of equal or greater value, subject to any State regulation/approval.
9. Subject to the provisions set out herein, the Promoter shall conduct such further Prize draws as may be deemed necessary at RCG Pty Ltd ABN 85 108 096 251, 719 Elizabeth Street, Waterloo NSW 2017 on 21 April at 11:00am (AEST) to distribute any Prize unclaimed by that date.
10. In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not claim the Prize within the time period stipulated by the Promoter within the notice outlined above, then the Prize will be forfeited by the winner.
11. The Prize must be taken as offered and cannot be varied. The prize is not exchangeable or redeemable for cash. Prize values are correct as at the time of printing. The gift voucher prize is valid for a 12-month period from 21 April 2017 - 21 April 2018 and will be posted to the winners. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in Prize value.
12. The Promoter’s decision in relation to any aspects of the competition is final and binding on every Eligible Individual or Eligible Company who enters the Promotion, and no correspondence will be entered.
13. By entering this competition, entrants accept and acknowledge full responsibility for their decision to participate in the prize should they win the Prize. The winners release the Promoter and other organisers, their related bodies corporate, affiliates, officers, agents and employees, from all liabilities, loss and damage of any kind arising at any time out of or in connection with the acceptance of, and participation in, the Prize. Without limiting the foregoing, the released parties will not be liable for any injury, sickness or death, property loss or damage or other direct or indirect loss or damage of any kind, howsoever sustained or incurred, in connection with or arising out of the Prize or any other aspect of the Prize.
14. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss), or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any Prize/s, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by any applicable Australian law.
15. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual or company who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these terms and conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the Promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
16. All entries become the property of the Promoter. The Promoter will not sell personal information about participants. A request to access, update or correct any information about participants should be directed to the Promoter’s Privacy Officer.
17. The Promoter is RCG Pty Ltd ABN 85 108 096 251, 719 ElizabethStreet, Waterloo NSW 2017.
Authorised under Permit Number: NSW Lottery Permit LTPS-17-12668
18. Winners that were drawn on the 21st of April are as follows: Ash Grina, Lachlan Scott, Gania Dib, Trent McLaughlin, Kristine De Castro, Joseph Agacy, Derek Schrapel, Emma Mak, Adam Sopeer, Mia Johnston, Stephanie Can, Veronica, Helen Johnston, Richard Lu, Yaya Phetp, Renzo Vigil, Nathan Pinto, Luigi Llave, Henry Gleeson and Hermie Sengson.
Hype DC Pty Ltd (ABN 16 081 432 313) has prepared this Privacy Statement to explain how it will handle the personal information of individuals who join to become HypeDC Members.
Your acceptance of this Privacy Statement is a condition of you becoming a HypeDC Member, and using the HypeDC website (at www.hypedc.com).
We shall accept your use of our website as your permission to collect and use information provided by you in accordance with this privacy statement.
General privacy information
When you become a HypeDC Member, we ask you to provide us with a range of personal information. This includes your name and address, your email address, and other information such as current and previous address, telephone numbers and mobile phone numbers, bank account or credit card details, details of products purchased from us, details of your internet provider and browser and statistics on usage. Members must be 16 years or over. If a child is younger than 16, a parent or guardian must register on their behalf.
We collect this personal information so that we can provide you with regular product updates, as well as information about HypeDC's products, special offers and promotions. We use the personal information we collect to help us identify the HypeDC products and information that are most likely to be of interest to you. Also, your personal information may be used in order to research and develop our products and services, gain an understanding of our customers and their needs to provide a better service, conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness and fraud.
Email is the main method that we will use to contact you. When you become a HypeDC Member, we understand that you consent to receiving emails from us. From time to time, we may also send you special offers in the mail.
If you no longer wish to receive emails or other promotional materials from us or if you no longer accept this HypeDC Privacy Statement you can contact us (using the contact details below) and we will remove you from our mailing list.
We will store your personal information securely, and we will not sell your personal information to third parties. If you want to access your personal information, you can do so by contacting HypeDC Pty Ltd (using the contact details below). However, please note that the only personal information we will hold about you will be personal information that you provide to us. For the purposes set out in this policy statement, we may disclose your personal information to organisations outside of HypeDC Pty Ltd. The organisations to which information may be disclosed may include:
- government and regulatory and other organisations as required or authorised by law;
- fraud investigation bureau;
- credit providers for credit related purposes such as credit worthiness, credit rating or credit provisions;
- organisations involved in the transfer/sale of all or part of our assets;
- our related companies.
From time to time, HypeDC Pty Ltd will run competitions and promotions, including through its website. Entry into such competitions and taking advantage of such promotions will be subject to additional terms and conditions. These will be made known to you when details of the competitions and promotions are released.
When you visit our website we may send you a cookie. Cookies may be used in the following ways:
- To help us recognise you as a unique visitor (just a number) when you return to our website
- To compile anonymous, aggregated statistics that allow us to understand how users use our site.
Two types of cookies may be used on this website, -session cookies, which are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the site, and persistent cookies, which remain in the cookie file of your browser.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies.
Contacting HypeDC Pty Ltd
You can contact HypeDC Pty Ltd:
- By email: email@example.com
- By letter: Level 6, 228 Pitt Street, Sydney NSW 2000
This Privacy Statement may be updated from time to time. The last update was in February 2017.